Professor Haray has established the service at Nuffield Health Cardiff & Vale, which includes
⦁ Easy to use referral pathways with a designated referral form for GPs – To view Click Here
⦁ One Stop Colorectal Clinic with Proctoscopy/ Rigid Sigmoidoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy whenever indicated
⦁ A full range of radiological and endoscopic diagnostic modalities, details can be found below.
To find out more simply select the relevant tab below…
Areas of expertise
Areas of expertise include
- Laparoscopic (key-hole) colorectal surgery, and is the most experienced laparoscopic colorectal surgeon in Wales providing this technique in over 95% of elective (planned) bowel operations, regularly training other consultants
- Early diagnosis and surgical treatment of bowel cancer
- A specialist approach to all colorectal diseases including benign conditions such as diverticular disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, etc.
- Functional bowel disorders like faecal incontinence, obstructed defecation/ rectocoele, rectal prolapse, irritable bowel syndrome etc.
- Day case/outpatient treatment for a variety of conditions including early haemorrhoids
- Endoscopic procedures
Conditions Managed / Treatment Options
- Colonoscopy & Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, including interventional procedures such as polypectomy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy – Gastroscopy (OGD)
Full range of surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. Including
- Segmental colectomy (Right, Left, Sigmoid, etc.).
- Total colectomy
- Rectal excision, including pouch reconstruction.
Full range of conservative/ surgical treatment options for conditions such as:
- Haemorrhoids (piles) including minimally invasive THD (Doppler controlled ligation of haemorrhoidal arteries)
- Perianal fistulae, fissure in ano, pruritus ani, etc.
- Faecal Incontinence
- Obstructed Defecation/ Rectocoele, etc.
- Chronic Constipation
- Rectal prolapse